Sunday 24 March 2013

Finally I found a pad to call HOME

After searching diligently staying in 6 different suburbs I found the perfect place to call HOME. It is like a NY loft located in a suburb if Sydney called Pyrmont. It's in a bldg that was originally a "wool warehouse" called the "Goldbrough". It's a studio loft w/ a "Murphy bed" which is quite common here in Sydney. I didn't realize that on the 2nd floor there are cafes, & a bridge that is a 2 minute walk to my "backyard" called Darling Harbour. It is beautiful beyond words w/ a Hard Rock, the largest IMAX Theater in the world, shops galore, bowling, laser tag, night clubs, Sydney Aquarium, Australian Wild Life Park, jet boating & more...just outside my back door.

It is a 10 minute walk to the boys school where I volunteer 2 days a week for reading tutoring to students. I love working w/ the kids & look forward to the days I can volunteer at St. Andrews Cathedral. Attached are pics of my pad, mind you, I pay as much for my pad in Sydney that I did for the 3 bedroom home We lived @ on Kling. Ouch! But all good!



4 comments:

  1. Sweet! So glad you found a cool pad to settle into for the duration of your stay. How do the down-under kids like learning to read from a tutor with an up-over accent? That must be fun! How was Bali? Did you already go? You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Some of the words are a little tricky w/ the difference of our accents. I'm LOVING tutoring the kids. It's keeps me close to the boys. Their friends & their school. All good Professor! I'd love to see you in teaching mode one day, seriously.

    Big hug-

    Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Brogan & Kristen, Susan, & Juliana:

    I AM very much alive! And actually happy at the "living" thing for the moment!

    Love & miss you girls!

    Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, Gayle! So glad to see you there with the boys. Plus, lucky you, you're on an adventure!

    xo Vicki

    ReplyDelete