Saturday 27 April 2013

I Think I Found Heaven On Earth

As soon as I got off the plane I noticed a sign while going through customs "Death Penalty for those carrying drugs". Not that I had cause for concern but it was clear that drugs here are culturally forbidden.

My drivers name was Nenu, a very kind & "happy" man. While driving I honestly was uncertain that I'd like Bali. Of course I arrived at 9:45pm so I couldn't really see Bali for what it is.

While in route I noticed that Nenu had a bag of water & a small floral arrangement the size of a corsage w/ money on top of his dashboard. When I asked him what they represented he said the bag was filled with Holy water & the flower arrangement is called an offering asking for protection, safety & money. The bag of holy water was for divinity, at least that's what I could understand for we DO speak different languages you know! Kinda cool I thought. Hey, I may be doing the same thing in my Mercedes in LA...God knows we can all use protection, safety, money & to feel the presence of a higher spiritual being-ness.

I also noticed these decorations that hung high over the streets which Nenu explained that there was a Bali celebration the week prior. See pics below.

Upon arrival, I opened up thee gates to "Desa Sanctuary, The Village" & my heart skipped a beat. It was breathtakingly magical & filled with the immediate feeling of peace & tranquility. I had a 2 level villa. The "opened air" lower level contained 2 day beds one covered w/ netting, the dining room, kitchen & a completely private outdoor shower.

Upstairs was fully enclosed with walls of glass, large bedroom with the most amazing wooden carved beams & ceiling that my mouth just dropped. There was also a private bathroom w/ an opened air shower as well. Words nor pictures can begin to describe how incredible my villa was. I found Heaven!

P.S, The ants here are REALLY big!





































































No comments:

Post a Comment