Tuesday 30 April 2013

In Paradise & Found A Stray Kitten

Well All, this is truly the most beautiful ocean spot that I've ever seen. Make your own decision by the pics below. I've traveled quite extensively around the Caribbean Islands including Cancun on the Caribbean Ocean w/ Annie Girl...remember what fun that was in a bright yellow convertible VW driving to Chitzanitsa (the largest pyramid in that nic' of the world) which we had (OH right I was the designated driver) which I had no right driving to.

After checking into this AMAZING 2 bedroom (what am I going to do with 2 bedrooms I do not know) Indonesian home I head to the first place to eat & have a glass of wine on the beach, WHICH, BTW, is VERY expensive. Example: a bottle of Jacobs Creek costs $50.00 US dollars, insane, I know...but hey Cigs here are $3 a pack...(YES I am doing that despicable "thing" I know & I am genuinely sorry to offend all those past smokers...try NOT to JUDGE me) in comparison to $20 a pack in Australia. So all of those who care about my "smoking habit" just KNOW I HAVE cut WAY back you'll be happy to know. Just FYI. And I thank those w/ open arms who really CARE about me!

The water here is 3 shades of turquoise with the white sandy beaches. The peeps here are really friendly I think I met 1/2 the island in the 2 hours I've been here for it IS small.

Low & behold a kitten crosses the "sand path" where I'm enjoying a glass of "Jason's Creek Chardonnay"....NOT, but hey, I'm one of those "flexible go with the flow" kind of travelers. So back to this skin & bone kitten with goopey eyes , & snot from the nose clearly signifying a major illness. "Are there vets on this island that I take this kitten to" I ask the waiter. Apparently NO. So I order Tuna tartar for the kitten, & a Thai beef dish for me.

I find out that I'd have to take the kitten & I on a 20 minute ferry ride to a "larger island" called Lomboc, then take a 40 minute cab ride to the "Vet". I'm contemplating this interruption in experiencing this AMAZING island I'm on now. If any of you know...those less fortunate whether animal, reptile or human being I'm THERE. Not for the glory but rather the deep compassion my Mom raised me with. Thank you Mom. My ex found this gift as being a nuisance...but heart to heart, soul to soul...it IS who I am. I may never get back to Gili Trawanga but my soul will be filled knowing I could help a creature needing medical attention.

Will keep you posted!























No comments:

Post a Comment